Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Mountain so easily climbed!

Oh great! Idleness can provoke mind to think of stuffs that stay suppressed during the time of activity and wow.. am i not bored and idle?

Yeah, since the comprees have ended, I can think of nothing but how dumb i've been and still am, wanting do something that i am not very much capable of.. chasing a dream of childhood.. being hopelessly passionate about something i know very little of.. getting library books issued in the hope of learning that 'something' (i've read like just 20 pages of the book, "QED - The Strange Theory of Light and Matter", and am completely awed by it. Hats off to Feynman!).. that 'something' being PHYSICS and me being a Researcher (Even when i'm typing this down, i feel like a complete idiot and cant help laughing at myself!). I sure have succeded in climbing the Mountain!

Feynman says - "The scale of 'light' can be described by numbers - called the frequency - and as the numbers get higher, the light goes from red to blue to violet to ultraviolet. We can't see UV light but it can affect photographic plates. It's still light - only the number is different." Now i want to draw anology in here (Since i've already climbed the Mountain, it doesnt make much difference if i make a fool of myself further!). Red indicates 'Danger' zone and Blue lies in the 'Comfort' zone, so if i replace the 'numbers' with CGPA and 'light' with zones (Zones: Danger to Comfort), people would want to move up the scale. And considering the fact that my 'number' is worthless, plus, me being hopelessly passionate about physics, plus, me knowing nothing much of physics, plus, me not showing much enthu in the 'in' thing - i.e comps, Research line is, as people tell me, not advised at this stage. They say that it can wait and i should concentrate on improving my 'number', i.e. moving it up the scale! (I hope that this semester would drag my 'number' up a bit.. and if it does, then, thanx to Physics CDCs, without which the 'number' might have slided down the scale!) But the problem here is that i am stupid cuz i cant get myself to sit and study.. hey! can i see myself climbing higher on the Mountain? What a stupid analogy! But, I dont care!

After writing about numbers, i feel like writing about my awesome comunication skills. I am simply awesome at killing a beautiful convo (or maybe forcing it to commit suicide) by talking of things irrelevant to the topic of conversation (How can i forget the PS-I GDs?). Why do i blank out in front of a crowd? I do not know.. maybe because climbing that Mountain is too tempting, for it is an easier escape route! It ob is not good! Anyways, lets see.

Mountain.. what Mountain? Mountain of stupidity! A Mountain that i've so easily climbed! And yea.. I've reached such heights that i can barely see the foot of this Mountain!

Shruti

No comments: