Sunday, January 28, 2007

Self

"The lake below was only a thin steel ring that cut the rocks in half. The rocks went on into the depth, unchanged. They began and ended in the sky. So that the world seemed suspended in space, an island floating on nothing, anchored to the feet of the man on the cliff." - The Fountainhead

Howard Roark's character is really interesting. Do these type of people exist in this world? I dont know, cuz, i never came across anybody of such nature. But i like this character.

My friend and me had a two minute discussion on Ayn Rand's philosophy of life. She totally disagrees with her ideology and firmly believes that she is an idealist. I do agree with the later half of my friend's statement but her ideology sure awes me to a great extent. Not that i completely agree with her.

Yes, I do believe that a person has got to be selfish to sustain the self but the degree of 'selfishness' should be bound by the cause of helping the self. It shouldnt be a trouble to others to a great extent. Oh god.. whtever........ i'm outta here.

Shruti

No comments: