Saturday, January 13, 2007

Faceless

I see around me, and see a sea of faces, with different features, different complexion, different hair structure, yet i can see myself in them.

I am seated in a class. I look around and see.. some students listening attentively to the prof; some trying hard to keep themselves awake; some trying to understand what the prof is saying; some understanding in one go; some, who dint understand in one go, in an attempt to understand a particular concept, missing out on what the prof is teaching in the next few mins; some postponing the 'understanding' thing for the later time; and some taking it lite. How different am i from them? For, i see myself in them.

I am in Goa. We are in a beach. I look around and see.. Some people rushing into the waves and enjoying the thrill; some holding the hands of their children to protect them from the waves of the arabian sea; some happy to stare at the sea and enjoying its beauty; some childen busy in making sand castles (or maybe sand sharks!); some elders also busy in making sand castles!; some playing pranks on their friends; some enjoying with family. How different am i from them? For, i see myself in them.

I see some kids, their innocence, their mischievious looks, their beautiful smiles, their heartbreaking cries, their endless sweet queries, their curiosity, their
devilish ideas! Havent i passed through this stage? How different am i from them? For, i see myself in them.

I see some teenagers, their minds in chaos; them in confusion; their changing infatuations, their jealously; their obsession for winning; their obsession for 'fitting into' the crowd; their dream of 'making a difference' in the society. Havent i passed through this stage? How different am i from them? For, i see myself in them.

I see my peers.......................................................................
How different am i from them? For, i see myself in them.

I see my elders......................................................................
I lack their experience, their knowledge, but wont i too become an elder in a later time? I might see myself in them.

I see around me, and see a sea of faces, with different features, different complexion, different hair structure, yet i can see myself in them.

Do I have milions of faces? Or am i faceless? I am faceless. A faceless chameleon who changes her face (maybe automatically or maybe intentionally) at the apropriate times. I see myself in you too. Are you different from me?

BUT

I see my mom.. her love for everyone aroung her, her sweet nature, her presence making home a beautiful home, i dont know if can ever be like her. She's a perfect mom.

I see my dad.. his professional attitude at work, his kiddish sweetest smile at home, his awesome communication skills, his research work (I dont know more than half his research projects), his analytical capability, him being the bestest daddy in the entire universe, he awes me (and i like that feeling). He's a perfect dad. I aspire to become like him though the odds are in my favor!

Shruti

No comments: