Thursday, September 07, 2006

CHANGE-A-GAIN

Change Again.. AND Change - A gain..

I dont know what is making me write this on a beautiful afternoon like today. Its just a strange mystic urge to write something. The day was fine today except from the perplexing thought [that evolved recently] that kept swaying in and out of my conciousness.

How can a person change drastically in a two-months time [PS-I period]? Well, I did [Atleast I think that I did].. How? I started giving importance to small things that always escaped my notice before.. I started being more organised.. I was closer to me, my inner soul.. I started valueing Things and People.. I became quiter.. became less aggressive.. and more matured(!)..


But this is not the thought that kept popping in my mind.. It was the enormous rate at which we see ourselves evolve with progression in time. The pure enigmatic way that change continuosly changes..
Then do I mean to say that being back in pilani violated the constancy of change princliple in just a months time? NO!
Then do I mean to say that I changed again after coming back? NO!
Well, these two statements though may not show signs of consistency, they actually do.. The whole concept gets clearer when the concept of CHANGE is defined properly

So, what is CHANGE?
Here, The change which comes into focus is

  • Evolution [Self vs Self interaction].. self evolution.. in terms of self realisation and the change in basic point of view of viewing things/people/relations....
    This change is no doubt more subtle and in many cases doesnt cross the boundaries of SELF. That is to say, This Change is rarely noticable to the Universe apart from THE self and the changes witnessed just become permanent as the new layers keep on adding.. BUT the rate of addition of a new layer is pretty slow. that is to say, when This change occurs, it stays for a long while and sure is ROCK STRONG!
  • Surface Changes [Self v/s World interaction].. Ahaan, there are many factors responsible for this change! Mood, Environment, People in the close vicinity, Current scenario... to name a few factors. These no doubt are clearly visible to the non-self elements and clearly are visible to the self too.. BUT these changes find themselves changing at a very fast rate and hence cant be called ROCK STRONG!

Phew, so this means, I continuosly AND simultaneously Change [suface changes] as well as Not Change [evolution] !!

Well, Now that the catagorisation is done, I now want to view it in a non-biased way.. i.e, in non catagorised way..
Now, we all observe mean deviation in our behaviour from the natural behaviour in a group.. [Natural behaviour: our tendency to react to situations in solitude]. A person best exhibits his individualism when alone.. because then nobody is there around to assess, comment, modify or influence the thinking and the natural behaviour!

So, It means when we behave differently, we do so not because we TEND to but simply because we HAVE to??

-- Shruti

No comments: