Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Land Where No One Is Old

AGELESS BODY, TIMELESS MIND
--Deepak Chopra

"The Land Where No Man Is Old" is a chapter in his book by Deepak Chopra where He mentions a WORD that caught my attention. "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse.
Herman Hesse, in his novel, using Siddhartha (the central character) as the mediator communicates his view of spirituality and enlightenment very beautifully.
An excerpt from this Chapter (actually, its an excerpt from the novel "Siddhartha")

"At the end of the novel, Siddhartha speaks about his learnings with his oldest friend and companion, Vasudeva (the ferryman) :

"Have you also learned that secret for the river; that there is no such thing as time?"
A bright smile spread over Vasudeva's face. "Yes , Siddhartha. Is this what you mean? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean, in the mountains, everywhere, and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past, nor the shadow of the future?"
"That is it", said Siddhartha, "and when I learned that, I reviewed my life, and it was also a river, and Siddhartha the boy, Siddhartha the mature man and Siddhartha the old man, were only seperated by shadows, not through reality"
He spoke with delight, but Vasudeva just smiled radiantly at him and nodded in agreement. "

Wow! Isnt it beautiful? I realised one thing atleast. There is a lot of power in what is called Will Power. I've been searching for this book "Siddhartha" ever since I read this Chapter in Deepak Chopra's excellent book. And the funny part is Today itself, we got a mail that MATRIX is going to review this book! My happiness is boundless right now, because I finally got hold of this ebook! It was Just a Click away.

What do I learn from this? Simply that, Most of the answers to our questions lie within and around our immediate surroundings. The only thing which lacks is Awareness.

I've been thirstily searching for a book to read, that'd quench my thirst for experiencing the feeling of completeness, the feeling of satisfaction. Now I've got TWO books with me
AGELESS BODY, TIMELESS MIND (By Deepak Chopra)

SIDDHARTHA (By Herman Hesse)

Search is Complete!

--Shruti

No comments: