Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Travelblog [One]

The flight was scheduled at 10:10 am on 31st of may 2007. After the security check in, I called up my dad who was seated there at the lounge. This was the my first travel alone and it felt exciting to be where I was, getting to do things on my own [yeah right, reservation all done by my dad with the flight directly landing me into chennai and my friends picking me up there - and doing things on my own I say!]. The flight was delayed by half an hour and so had to wait there till the announcement was to be made. I waited.

At last!

Reached Chennai at around 1:00 pm, Anu and Preethi had come to receive me. Oh! they looked so different in there. Anyways, it was a 2 days fun stay there at Anu's place.
Me being a town girl, the feeling of being in a City hit me as soon as i reached there, with soaring commutation costs, long distances, auto people ever ready to dupe you [had really funny experiences], busy roads, huge traffic. Travelling in local trains was a nice experience though.

2nd june 2007, 9:30 pm
I was supposed to meet Kavya [one of the participants of "Kodai Summer School for Physics 2007" conducted by IIA] at Egmore station and was apparently a little bit late. Anyways, we'd never seen each other (corresponded only through mails and calls), and it was nice to finally meet her in person.

3rd june 2007, 6:00 am
Madurai reached. As advised by Dr. Sundar Raman [the coordinator of the summer school], we were supposed to reach Kodai somewhere around the evening time so that all the arrangements would be made before our arrival. So we stayed at Kavya's house till afternoon, had lunch there [in between went to Meenakshi temple] and then caught a bus to Kodai at around 1:30 or so.

No comments: