Thursday, July 12, 2007

Travelblog [Four]

Brrr, dont you feel cold?
Kavya asked.


Naah, I am used to such weather. It goes way below this temperature back there in Pilani.
I replied.


It was probably around 12 or 13 degrees Celsius at that time.

The cab that we hired to take us further uphill to drop us at the IIA campus, revealed to us what beauty and what charm Kodaikanal held! Wow, I was still to be shaken from my reverie. It was all so beautiful- the trees, the view, the straight drive, the breeze, the path leading to the campus!

We finally reached the Evershed Hall [one of the Guest houses] located within the IIA campus where we supposed to report our arrival. After a few signatures and introduction with the guest house in-charge, we were directed to the Annexe [another Guest House] which became my home for the next 3 weeks.

IIA Kodaikanal campus, it in itself has nature captivated in its freshest form. Totally green, with flora in abundance and beautiful pine like trees lining the roads within the campus.. reminded me of me dreaming of being in such a place and then actually being there! It was almost like living my dream. I was so excited and so thrilled. I wanted to explore the whole campus right away!

The Annexe - Almost all the female participants had already reached there and it was fun getting acquainted with them, mainly because they all belonged to such a different part of the country and i was not even remotely aware how people of Kerela and Tamilnadu were like. Most of them were mallus, muslim mallus and tamilnadu christians, so it was amazing to interact with them, to get to know them. I suggested going on a walk, but the idea was voted out so we stayed there and enjoyed!

It was a great summer school filled with so many memories, anecdotes, and what not!
Those were almost the best 21 days of my life. The best one still being the 2 months training at NIO [National Institute of Oceanography], Goa.

No comments: