Saturday, July 29, 2006

ABSTRACT ART

Who hasnt heard about MF husain? Maqbool Fida Husain more popularly known as MF Husain is a well known Indian artist for his abstract art.
ABSTRACT ART??
What is ABSTRACT ART?
Well, This is what Wikipedia says: Abstract art is generally understood to mean art that does not depict objects in the natural world, but instead uses shapes and colors in a non-representational or subjective way. In the very early 20th century, the term was more often used to describe art, such as Cubist and Futurist art, that depicts real forms in a simplified or rather reduced way - keeping only an allusion of the original natural subject. Such paintings were often claimed to capture something of the depicted objects' immutable intrinsic qualities rather than its external appearance.

Being awed by his beautiful paintings, I wish to try understanding his paintings.
I maybe wrong, thats 1 possiblity.. but I maybe right.. thats also 1 possiblility..

M F Husain's Paintings and Shruti's Understanding:

1)


















Fear not child, of the black clouds you see..
I am THE Rain which provides life to the parched..
but only after the thunders and lightenings subside..

2)




















Vast expanse of Barren Land..
A Human face.. facing that Vast expanse..
[Humans responsible for this barren land]

IS THIS..

Destruction OF Peace..
OR
Destruction BY Destruction OF Peace??

3)















Unveil me..
And you’ll see..

I am on a journey..
A journey with the destination unknown..

I am on a voyage..
A voyage of life..

4)













Oh mighty clouds! Save us and Our Child [Nature]..
Please don’t pass by..
Rain to your heart’s content and save us from the present drought..
That’s dehydrating us..
Let not Our Child face the same vendetta..

5)



















During day, I cover my eyes.. (by my hand)

During night, I close my eyes.. (and so do you)
You can see me not..
So, You knoweth me not..
Its not always sunshine, throughout the day [as it seems to you]..
Shadows also creeps in, AT NIGHT……

6)

Clear Sky… and a Pleasant Path

[inside the coat]..
But oh..
Dark Clouds and Rough Sea!!

[outside the coat]..
Where did they come from??

This is the path of LOVE my dear..
Open your eyes and Look around
You’ll see Clear sky but with Dark Clouds..
You’ll travel a Pleasant Path but with Rough Sea accompanying it..

COAT: An eye-blinding layer of love

7)

I Am Delicate..

I Am Pure..

I Am Serene..
I Am Beautiful..

I AM FEMININE..
I AM MUSIC……

THE END...


Signing off..
Shruti

No comments: