Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home

Its been three days since I've come to bengalooru. I was hoping for a single room and got a little disheartened to know that I'll have to share the room alloted to me with another girl. The reason was perhaps I've never shared my space with anyone yet, and was wondering if my habits would be an unnecessary bother to her [Sleep late + a very slow eater (I make her wait soo much :(...)]. Was quite apprehensive as to whether I'll be able to adjust(?). I guess, something new always has apprehensions attached to itself and those apprehensions will dissolve only once we enter the situation anticipated and actually live it. And now, realized that Paru (Parameswari) is a great roommate. She is so very much different from me. It's just so funny (in a nice way) to be with a person almost the whole day and come to know of the different possibilities that exist in the small world that we tend to create around us. The possibilities though they always exist, strike as something new and I guess its nice to open upto them.

I sense a new kind of freedom here. As in, the things that I was afraid to do back there in Pilani, am not scared to do it here. One thing being, gazing at the night sky without involving myself in any kind of analysis as to why or what... and what's more, without anyone putting restrictions on me, its great! Its just a great feeling to stretch out freely and graze my eyes across the sky. I noticed that Orion constellation is oriented in the same way as it is in pilani. I remembered the convo I had with Nisha a few sems back. We'd gone for a walk that day and i was showing her the same constellation. It was so silly, the way we were tracing out ORION in the sky. It was fun though, being silly. And now, the night at the terrace, I felt so close to my home. As if, I was looking at the sky from my own town. Great feeling it was.

It sometimes feels like such a small world this is. You just climb up the heights and everything seems closer, distances shrink. Altitude, its a funny thing. It's fun to go higher and higher... moving away from what we know (or atleast think we know) and getting closer to what we perhaps dont and which some of us want to. Perhaps something similar to getting a high? I dont know.

Anyways, I should be gone by now.
Bye bye blogspot for today (though there is so much i want documented)!

Shruti

PS: started with this post 3 days back and completed it today!

No comments: