Monday, September 01, 2008

True Fiction

Its not that its not meant
Its only that its not felt
You may say, its a contradiction
Believe me, you need correction

A fairy tale long long back
I was abundantly happy and equally sad
I never met the guy called "lack"
For, a fairy tale, was what I had

A fairy tale long long back... (?)

I did sometimes see him stealing glances at me,
But then, I’d always eyed him like a bruce lee
To tell you, I can never care less about karate
I wish to have settled for roti, instead of fancying for paranthe

Maybe it was all in my mind
To experience something that I had not
So I thought to be of his kind
and hit the rod, when its hot

Maybe it was all in my mind... (?)

I was nineteen, no wonder full of energy
I'd been happy and been sad, it made me bored to the core
It was then, when I smiled at "lack"
And invited him over, to my mind

Ever since then, he's been with me
Never for a moment, has he left me
To tell you, I have not cried since you know when
And needless to tell, havent laughed since then

Ever since then, he's been with me... (?)

I remember how it feels to laugh and to cry
even though, i wonder if i would ever be that alive
Yes, I have the memories, that will always stay my
even though, i wonder if i would ever be that naive

Its a contradiction, you may now say not
When you’d hear me yell this out aloud:
"Its not that its not meant
Its only that its not felt"

No comments: