Friday, October 05, 2007

Hmm

Am I really a MSc (hons.) Physics student, when I dont really understand:
> The Uncertainity Principle [A question was raised by a junior - is it about measurement or uncertainity is an inbuilt property? Read John gribbin's "Schrodinger's kittens and the Search for Reality" for details (not that I've read it, have not)]
> Energy [I dont like what was said in the yesterday's lecture, that matter and energy are associated, there is nothing like "pure energy", that it cant exist without the presence of matter]
> Tension in a taut string
> Vectors [Abstraction sure adds to the beauty (Group theory to be specific), but but but...]
> Gravitational effects being a result of special spacetime geometry (I dont know General Relativity)

Oh, and many many things supposedly trivial.

Am I really a MSc (hons.) Physics student?

2 comments:

Harini Padmanabhan said...

I guess i should start posting saying am i really a B.E(Hons) mech student. :) Welcome to reality.

Shruti said...

Reality Pinches!